SCL WAITING periods
This list is intended to provide families with a general idea of the current waiting period in their area. The waiting period begins only after a complete application has been submitted to SCL and the applicant's qualifications have been verified.
- The waiting period listed is the average minimum wait for each metro area. Your individual waiting period could be shorter or longer depending on area demand.
- The metro areas listed represent the surrounding areas as well, within 100 miles.
- If you do not see your metro area listed, it is possible that SCL does not have a partner provider in your area. In this case, we still encourage you to apply to the program and SCL will work to recruit a provider in your area. The waiting period will be at least 18 to 24 months in areas where we do not currently have a provider.
- To see if there is a provider in your area, please check our Provider Directory.
View the SCL Applicant Waiting Periods
**Please note, in areas where the demand is greatest, it is possible that applicants will have an additional waiting period before they’re able to begin treatment.
We want to reassure you that each child who applies to SCL is an invaluable person who will receive equal care and attention throughout the application and treatment processes. Over the years, we have worked hard to refine our application process and have implemented sophisticated technology systems that enable us to track each child's status in the program. We assure you that your child will not be lost, forgotten, or overlooked at any point during their association with Smiles Change Lives.
At minimum, families can expect to hear from SCL when the following occur:
- When your application is received
- When approval or denial for treatment is determined - or if further evaluation is needed (due to poor dental hygiene, dental developement, or other potential issues)
- When a treatment provider is secured and the program fee becomes due
- When assignment to a treatment provider is secured
The number of families applying for assistance through SCL is growing daily and we are working hard to place as many children into treatment as possible. We greatly appreciate your patience as we work to move your child through the application process.